Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm having a crisis!

Okay, not really. But it's still serious.

I'm having trouble accepting the fact that I'm Pansexual. It's like, I keep falling back into old habits, and people still call me a lesbian all the time. The latter aspect I can't help, since I'm a closet Pans. I feel like once I can escape the old views of my high school, life can be better for me and the way I see things.

Anyway, I'm making progress! I checked the "Pansexual" under the Sexual Orientation section on my GSA Activist Form and I actually felt a little prideful, but in a good way. Now all I want is a T-Shirt with a heart and a pan in front of it, for Pride parades! Doesn't that sound like a great idea?

Tonight, I got to learn about my friend, Ira. He is a Transgender male, pre-op. He's one of the most brilliant speakers I know and a big role model in my life. I went on Facebook a few hours ago and looked up his page (because I had to tell him something about somethingblah) and saw he had a Tumblr. I have a Tumblr too and I LOVE it so much, so I checked out his page. That's where I found that he has a Youtube, which made me flip out even more because Youtube is MY LIFE! And then, from that one video on his page, I got to learn of the organisation he and his girlfriend are trying to get moving. The group is called TheCircle, which provides support for people who are trying to become the identity they need to be. They are trying to get binders and packers for FTM's (and makeup kits for MTF's) who don't have the funds to get it themselves.

I had never even thought about this issue. I mean, I've had a Transexual friend for years now, and I never thought about how he felt about it. Mostly because he doesn't talk about it, but still, it's an eye-opening experience. Anyway, I want to help with this movement, because no one should have to feel like an enemy in their own skin. So I donated 50 bucks to TheCircle, because they need T-Shirt money, and I love spending money on people. No really, I love it, just ask KimmehFace.

So I've made a resolution that I'll periodically donate 50 bucks every so often to TheCircle, until I stop working in August. I just made that resolution now, so someone will have to remind me eventually. Any volunteers?

1 comment:

  1. *looks around at no one else raising their hand, sigh, raises hand* lol I shall remind you!

    Did that first part make any sense?
    It's 5:41 AM right now and I haven't been to bed yet...


    blah.

    ReplyDelete