Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Xena: Warrior Princess

Call me obsessed, but this show just keeps getting more amazing with each episode. I can't believe that I've gotten hooked on a show that I started watching on a whim! That never happens with me. I thank the Gods for netflix now. I get to watch all these fantastic shows for free (kinda)! Well, my parents pay for it, and they get a lot out of it too, but I think I'm getting the better end of the bargain, as I am watching 3 TV shows on it at the same time! I have a problem, I know. And now that I can get Netflix on my Wii, I don't think I'll ever leave the media room again.
But with Xena, it's just plain and simple: It's awesome. The landscapes that they go through are these beautiful, green rolling hills that gives off that air of elder lands. And Xena's freaking horse is the coolest thing ever! It's a coat color I've never didn't even know existed! And Xena's leather armour is quite something to look at too. *winky face* I was talking to my friend, Jon, about this series (because he grew up watching Xena) and he said that it only gets better from here. Personally, I can't wait. I'm still reeling from the fact that Xena's first season has the complete 24 episodes! I just got through episode 8 as of now (it'll change today too, as I will be going back to watch Xena after I finish this blog).
Last week was a little tough for me, due to the fact that I had to watch the Zapruder Film for History class. I literally saw President Kennedy's face get blown off. And then they showed it in freaking slow motion. It affected me more than I'd care to admit here. Then I just finished reading the short novel called Of Mice and Men. I won't spoil the ending for the one's who haven't read it yet. After that, I went home to watch all my television. Someone died in every show I watched, and I watch a lot of television. Thinking about it now, it wasn't more that it was a coincidence, it was just that those shows always had someone dying in them, I was just more sensitive to it right then. After having Every 15 Minutes happen just a month ago, and all this other this death stuff happen to me, I don't even know how I feel anymore. The feeling's almost indescribable. It's like I get the gravity of death more now. I dunno, its almost crazy to talk about because I've never had anyone close to me die (except for my dearly departed puppy who was taken from me due to cancer), but I still feel like I understand it more, and its scary. It makes me reconsider wanting to become a part of the Justice system, because I am putting myself in a hazardous occupation, but you could say that about any job, I guess.

Wow, okay. Yeah, I'm done talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment