Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bored, A Drabble of things

There is something so fascinating with the concept of boredom. What is it in it's true form? A reason to complain? A great conversation piece? A cry for help? Well, I'd hope its nothing as dramatic as the last one. Anyway, the whole deal of boredom is stupid. Surely a person cannot believe that there is nothing in the world that couldn't occupy their time. For me, I could easily be doing 4 things at any time in my home: Cleaning, watching TV, playing the Wii, or the internet. Naturally, because I'm addicted to it, I gravitate to the internet, but not even the internet cannot entertain you forever. (Believe me, I've tried.)
So what really is boredom? Its not the lack of things to do, its the lack of drive to do them. You could get off your butt, but you'd rather not move at all, being bored out of your mind...
...Wow, the way I put it makes me look like a big ol lazy person. I guess I am then. Maybe I should work on that someday...(Pssh, yeah right!)

Soooo, since we are on the topic of boredom, I just wrote these poems on the fly, out of sheer boredom. Enjoy!

"I have the need to write
But it doesn't feel so right
Blasting punk rock in my room
Fighting through the gloom
It seems that I'm forever doomed
To Boredom"


"Recapturing my childhood
Is easier than it seems
Watching Disney garbage
And "following my dreams"

It all seems like garbage
To believe in such lies
Am I growing too wary?
Or just breaking my ties...

...To moments I once treasured
To stories I once held dear
Back then I couldn't have measured
The future cynic that now writes here"


*Yawn*
"Blah" is
My life
My soul
Summed up in
One
Word. I find the
Mundane
Comforting. While I still
Need to stay
Alive
The music
The books
The friends
The moments
Bring me true
Happiness
But alone, I settle
For pure
Mediocrity in my mind
Where is my
Extraordinary moment?
Gone
With your failed
Ambitions. You
Fantasize
The impossible. Yet you strive for
The average
Boring
Isn't it?

1 comment: